Thursday, December 9, 2010

Weekly Challenge #10: Holiday Recipe Challenge!

This is my favorite recipe for banana bread. All my friends love it very much, and I am planning to make it as holiday gifts for my friends and co-workers. I used the Preserves cartridge to cut the banana shapes and the frame.


This is a closer look of the banana bread. This is made for my daughter's school party tomorrow.


The banana bread recipe:

Ingredients:

3/4 cup Oil (I use Olive Oil, but you can use corn oil, or butter)

1 cup sugar

4 eggs

2 cups mashed banana (about 4 ripe bananas)

1 cup chopped walnut (optional)

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Steps:

1. Put Oil in a mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, and eggs, mix well

2. Add banana; mix well.

3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and walnut; mix well.

4. Pour batter into a well-greased loaf pan.

5. Preheat oven to 400 and bake until it raise up and turns golden color, then lower the temperate to 350 and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

6. This takes about 1 hour and can be shorter or longer depends on your oven.

7. Let it cool off for about ten minutes and then remove from the loaf pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment